Resources on RF Radiation Data
- National Toxicology Report on Cell Phone Radiation (Whole Body Exposure)
- American Academy of Pediatrics Recommendations on Limiting Cell Phone Exposure
- Maryland Children's Environmental Health and Protection Wifi Radiation in Schools Final Report
Blue Light & Eye Damage Research Compilation
- A new study by researchers at the University of Toledo, OH, shows that blue light from device screens accelerates blindness and macular degeneration.
- Educator Toolkit for Student Privacy
- Digital Safety by the Discovery Education Foundation offers interactive curriculum resources for teachers, parents and students to gain critical information on cybersafety, cybersecurity, and cyberethics. The content provides crucial lessons on stranger danger awareness, malware and malicious websites, and cyberbullying, making sure that students grow to become responsible digital citizens.
- National PTA Statement on Student Privacy and Data Security - https://www.pta.org/home/advocacy/pta's-positions/Individual-Position-Statements/Position-Statement-Student-Data-Privacy-and-Security (copy this link ito your browser)
- Security Education Companion by the Electronic Frontier Foundation is a resource for people learning about or teaching digital security to their friends and neighbors. If you are new to digital security, want tutorials for privacy-protecting tools, or want translated guides in 13 languages, head to Surveillance Self-Defense (SSD).
- Common Sense is the leading independent nonprofit organization dedicated to helping kids thrive in a world of media and technology. They provide information, advice, and innovative tools to help families use media and technology as positive tools.
- Digital Armor lists resources and federal laws on privacy protection and dealing with abusive on-line conduct.
- The K-12 Cyber Incident Map
Resources on Cell Phones and Laptops in School
Cell phones are becoming an inevitable part of the classroom, but recent research suggests that using cell phones in the classroom impairs academic performance.
Why PARCC Matters
School Safety & Security Report (Our Response)
Early Childhood Education
ES Report Cards
Cell Phone Policy
Capital / Operating Budget
Dr. Assya Pascalev &
Lisa Cline, co-chairsSafeTech@mccpta.org
Cyberbullying and Online Safety
- Sign up for Screenagers' Tech Tuesdays Blog
- Free Online Safety Booklets from the Federal Trade Commission
-The NetSmartz Student Project Kit
-Teach kids how to identify bullying and how to stand up to it safely.
Screens and Mental Health
- Associations between screen time and lower psychological well-being among children and adolescents: Evidence from a population-based study, Preventive Medicine Reports, Vol. 12, Dec. 2018, pp. 271-283
A study by Rutgers researchers published in Educational Psychology confirms that devices in the classroom lead to lower grades.
75 Years of Putting Children First