1. If you are interested in becoming involved, email email@example.com and I will add you to our list. The Sub-Committee is open to any and all who are interested. to We're working on setting up a listserv to facilitate communication. We will also continue to share updates through the MCCPTA Board of Directors and Delegates listservs. Please feel free to share these updates within your school communities.
2. MCPS recently released an interim report on school safety and security. The interim report covers MCPS' 25 high schools. A comprehensive review of all MCPS schools is currently underway. The MCCPTA Sub-Committee will share comments on the report with MCPS Department on School Safety and Security (DSSS). We encourage you to read the report and let us know if you have any questions, concerns or comments.
3. A number of PTAs have expressed an interest in resources for promoting positive school climate and safety, including but not limited to cyber bullying and safety, healthy dating, sexual and gender-based violence, racial justice, rights and protections for undocumented students and families, restorative justice and non-violent conflict resolution strategies. I am currently compiling a list of resources appropriate for use by public school systems and PTAs. If you have any to recommend, please send them forward and I'll add them to the list. We will continue to update and share the list.
4. This PowerPoint presentation prepared by Board of Education member Jill Ortman-Fouse focuses on issues of equity within our school system. It includes a lot of data and information that may be of interest to your school communities. Please feel free to share it.
5. Communities United Against Hate (CUAH) is hosting their first county-wide schools conference for parents, students and teachers on October 7 from 8:30-12:30 at the Silver Spring United Methodist Church and again on October 22nd from 12:30-4:30 pm at Shady Grove Middle School. More information is available here.
Appointed Chairmen provide leadership to MCCPTA committees and are members of the MCCPTA Board of Directors.
All PTA members are welcome to join MCCPTA Committees of interest. Contact the listed Committee Chairman for more information.
CLICK IMAGE FOR PRESENTATION
Join the Health & Safety E-list! For updates and discussion of Health and Safety issues in Montgomery County Schools, email MCCPTA-Health-and-Safety-Newfirstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL REPORT
MCPS Joins Coalition of School Districts Asking MD to Protect Immigrant Students
A subcommittee of the Health & Safety Committee
Gillian Huebner, chair
MCCPTA committees address our advocacy issues, such as Education, Health & Safety, Capital & Operating Budget, as well as operating functions for the organization.